A desk today, another tomorrow. The phenomenon of hot desks, remote work and more flexible workplace structures are allowing for creativity to thrive and roam across the city. Hot desks have also proven to bolster productivity and increase collaboration between diverse groups of people. Take it from us, BDD’s hot desks have been occupied by the best and brightest talents in Lebanon, and are available to rent on a daily or monthly basis.
So what is a hot desk?
The hot desk trend began decades ago, in the 1990s. However, it was only until recently, that the concept grew in popularity. Today, with more agile work structures and the rise of freelancers, professionals can opt to rent a desk for a day, an hour or a week, depending on their work requirements. Each day, a different desk and a different space can be chosen.
What are the benefits of having a hot desk?
There are numerous benefits to choose a hot desk to work from. Here are just 6 advantages of pulling up your seat at a hot desk.
- Cutting costs: Hot desks eliminate extensive costs of running and operating an office. Both companies and individuals can opt to work from hot desks to save up to 50% of the cost of renting an office. What’s more, is that if the desk isn’t being used, no one gets charged.
- Fosters collaboration: With a new desk every day, professionals can meet more people and collaborate more with their colleagues. Different minds from various departments can come together to resolve pressing issues or even brainstorm creative ideas.
- Neat desks: Hot desks need to be cleared at the end of each workday. So papers, personal items and piles of documents are nowhere to be found – leading to tidier workspaces which allow for creativity to thrive. Remember, minimalism is the new norm.
- Agility and mobility: Hot desks provide employees and freelancers with the flexibility to work from anywhere, at any time, and design what their ideal work environment looks like. The autonomy allows for a more flexible workday, and professionals can choose to work from hot desks when their productivity levels are at their peak.
- Knowledge sharing: The traditional office space allows for little interaction between colleagues and departments, due to closed doors and partitioned layouts. With hot desks, the walls are removed and doors are always open… which allows for more discussions and face to face interactions. A cool article, great idea or a spot on solution can be shared more freely.
- Access to BDD’s community and common spaces: By renting hot desks at BDD (starting at USD 15 for a one day pass) you gain access to a thriving community of professionals in the creative and digital realms. What’s more, you have high speed internet, around the clock, can access facilities and amenities and book event spaces and meeting rooms, all through the BDD App.
What do BDD’s hot desk community think?
“The hot desk in BDD is one of the best coworking spaces in my opinion, the place is nice and calm, gets cleaned daily, the chairs are comfy, the internet is superfast, problems can be reported on the app and the staff will take care of it as soon as they can, the management is always open to feedback and making improvements, all at a very affordable price.” Shirak
“BDD’s Hot Desk is very convenient and affordable. I love how cozy the space is and how friendly the staff are. The internet is super fast, the spaces are clean and the access is very convenient and time efficient. The App helps with everything, from opening doors to parking the car and booking meeting rooms. The best part is that I didn’t have to commit to a long term agreement and I can always downgrade or upgrade at my own convenience. One thing I also love about BDD is the fact that I am not stuck in the same space all day, I get to work from the lounge or garden.” Ramzi
“I think that the hot desks in BDD are the best place to start your small business, the ambiance is the best, and the prices are very affordable compared to the services I’m getting such as the meeting rooms, cleaning, maintenance, and high-speed internet. Plus whenever I feel like I want to have a break, there are plenty of places I can go to such as the garden, the eateries or the common spaces. Also BDD keeps on making improvements and they keep on amazing me how much they attend to the smallest of details.” Sarah